SUGAR & SPICE ¨Dessert Delights"
As presented at the Ottawa-Carleton Heartsmart Smorgasboard - March 2, 2002
And the Ottawa Heart Institute Telethon - March 9, 2002
Yields 6 Servings Ingredients
12 oz. soft tofu, drained
1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda or 1/2 tsp Stevia - to taste)
1 tsp finely chopped orange zest
1 1/2 tbsp orange juice
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
3 - 4 cups mixed chopped fresh fruit, i.e. 1 mango, 2 kiwi,
1 1/4 cups red grapes
1 cup very strong coffee, cold
2 tbsp brandy
1 pkg lady fingers
1. Puree tofu with the next 5 ingredients until very creamy & smooth. Refrigerate.
2. Prepare the fruit into even bite-size pieces. Set aside.
3. Mix coffee and brandy together. To assemble tirami su, dip lady fingers in coffee mixture quickly, or
they will disintegrate. Place three lady fingers decoratively on individual serving plates.
4. Spoon creamy mixture decoratively on top and spoon cut fresh fruit on top of cream. Garnish with
sprig of mint and serve within 2 -3 hours (keep finished plates in fridge while holding).
5. NOTE: creamy mixture can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Sent in by Astrid Strader
Check Out Her Oasis Institute for Healthy Living Inc. Web Site
Back to Sunday Dinner
If you have a Sunday Dinner recipe you would like to share - e-mail
FarmGate General Store
FarmGate Home Notices Eastern Ontario Images General Store Washroom Evaluation Food Issues Raised Gardens Gardening Calendar Bookstore Health Issues G.E. Crops FarmGate Service Harvest Chart Articles General Store Governance Issues Links Saving Gas Habanero Peppers tdc's Froggy
Copyright © 2010
tdc Marketing and Management Consultation